Saturday, September 26, 2009

Laughter is the Best Medicine

I think my kids are some of the funniest little people. They are always saying or doing funny things and I just have to write a few down.

A few weeks ago before Blake started pre- school I could tell he was getting a little nervous for school to start. He told me he was nervous because he couldn't write a "k" in his name, but I reassured him that Miss Angie would teach him how to write a perfect k. Well, I guess that wasn't all he was nervous about. A week before school started he got some mail from his teacher and it was addressed to Master Blake. (Don't say that too many times.) A few days later my sister Micki asked him why he was nervous for pre-school and he replied, "I'm nervous because I don't know Kung Fu!" Blake has seen Kung Fu Panda and he thought in order to be a "Master" he had to know kung fu for pre-school!

The day pre-school started I was getting ready and walked out fully dressed, but had my curlers in my hair and teased Blake if it was okay if I took him to pre-school like that, Blake answered, "Okay Mom, but you will just have to go with a blanket over your head!"

I think everyone knows that Ashley is a very LOUD child. She cries loud, laughs loud and sings loud! Last week Ashley and I went to Wal-mart while Blake was at pre-school and Ashley was loud. She wasn't crying, she was singing. She was singing really loud, "Hey, hey, you, you , I don't like your boyfriend," and " Fire burning on the dance floor," I got some really strange looks. I tried to get her to sing quiet but she just kept on singing. To end her singing, Ashley said a prayer. A nice prayer, that everyone close by could hear. I hope she gets a cute daughter just like her!

4 comments:

Heidi Greaves said...

Charisse there are tears in my eyes because I'm laughing so hard.. Seriously. Love those kids.

Honey said...

I'm so glad you wrote those down - that's hilarious! Your kids are so funny. We love you guys!

Marcie said...

What a riot! You will appreciate that you wrote this all down. I always think that I will remember things and I don't! Loved the update! Love you!

Emily said...

oh miss ashley. that might beat my niece who sings at the top of her lungs "don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?" we try to discourage that one. ;)