Sunday, September 6, 2009

13.1



Yesterday I ran a half marathon! I really can't believe that I actually did it and finished. This is actually a picture of my sister Honey and I in Denver, but I didn't take any pictures yesterday. I was too much of a chicken to run the Spanish Fork Half because I had only ran 8 miles before and I didn't want the pressure and not getting a good night's sleep the night before. So I did my own. I still didn't sleep the night before so I might as well just have done the Spanish Fork half. Anyway, from Vivian Park in Provo Canyon to my house in Orem is exactly 13.1 miles. My Dad dropped me off at Vivian Park at 7am and I started. The run was BEAUTIFUL. I had never run down the Provo River trail, it was awesome. I must confess that when I got to the point where I only had a mile left I got tearied eyed and couldn't believe what I had just done. It was a great feeling. I felt like humming the chariots of fire theme. We are sent here to do hard things and we can do it!

8 comments:

Honey said...

You are so awesome, Reece! What an incredible accomplishment - congratulations! I love you.

Melanie said...

Great job! Congratulations on meeting your goal!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's pretty amazing, I don't think I could run to the top of my street and back without stopping.

Megan said...

YAY!!! You are so awesome...I knew you could do it. You are such an inspiration and I am so proud of you. I will call you this week so we can get together (Sorry we have been super busy.)

Jeannie Barclay said...

I loved the hummed the chariots of fire part. Your awesome!

Maggie said...

You ARE awesome. Nice work. I'm impressed that you did it without the official race and all the aid stations :) Nice work.

katieo said...

YAY!!! Seriously I almost cried when I read this. because a) WAY to GO woman! I can't wait until I can run a half marathon!! and b) We were THERE that morning and didn't see you! I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.

Marcae said...

Charisse...
Way to go! That is such an accomplishment. Keep up the great work :)