Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Biggest Blessing

7 years ago today I found out I was going to be a Mom for the first time. I was so excited and terrified at the same time. I had just finished my last class at BYU earlier that day. I felt "funny" and was wondering why I started to cry while I walked away from taking my last final. That night it was confirmed why I was so emotional. Blake and Ashley have been gone since last Friday and I miss them terribly. It is fun to go out, spend time with friends, and get stuff done while they are gone, but nothing compares to being with my kids. They are the best part of my life. When they are home I crave a clean house, but when they are gone and the house is spotless, I crave kid messes. Even though it has been hard being a single parent, the blessings out weigh all the frustrations. My kids have taught me so much. I love their unconditional love and their unwavering faith. Heavenly Father knew I needed them. They are my biggest blessing.

2 comments:

Honey said...

You have a great memory! :)

I hope the week goes quickly for you.

Love you.

Emily said...

I popped in to see if there was anything new and holy cow your kids have gotten so big! But I guess my kids have gotten big too, so it only makes sense that yours have grown. :)

Looks like you three are doing so great!