Blake is 6 today! Yeah! He is very happily playing on the floor with his new Hot Wheels Criss Cross Crash.It was 6 years ago today that I became a Mom for the very first time. After a 21 hour labor, I just got to give Blake a quick kiss and he was wisked off to the NICU. Finally, after two hours I was wheeled down to the NICU to see Blake. When we entered the NICU there was this woman who met us at the door, and very excitedly asked, "Is Blake your baby?" "Yes," I replied. "He is so cute, and he even has dimples." she said. Come to find out she was the new mother of the other baby in the NICU who was being adopted. Blake and Hayson were the only two babies in the NICU at the time.
As I was wheeled to Blake's bedside he was sleeping under a oxygen bubble thing and seemed so peaceful. I started talking to him, and his eyes started to flutter open and he was leaning to the side where he could hear my voice. What the doctor said next I will never forget. "He knows your voice, he is looking for his Mom." Those words pierced my heart. I know newborn babies can't see very well, but as Blake opened his eyes and my eyes met his, it was like he was saying I am yours, and you are mine. It was so touching. I just stroked his little hand. Well, they weren't that little. One of the doctors said while looking at Blake, "look at those paws on that boy, he is going to be a ball player."
I am so grateful Heavenly Father sent Blake to our family. He is such a joy. He is such a good boy and he is wise beyond his years.
We love you Blakey Baby!

2 comments:
I love this post, made me tear up a bit. Blake is such a sweet boy. I'm so grateful you have amazing children - just like their mama!
Happy Birthday Blakey! We sure love you!
I'll ask and find out if Paparazzi has an online shop. I know that they wanted to, but I don't know if they got it up yet... I'll let you know! ;)
Post a Comment