BLOCK TUTORIAL:
I have had lots of people ask me how to make the vinyl blocks and they are super easy. Buy a 8 foot 2x4 at a hardware store. I got mine for free thanks to my parents shed. I made the "Give Thanks" and "Believe" from 8 feet of wood. Next you cut them into segments. The first block is 8", second 6", third 5", fourth 6", fifth 8", sixth 7". For the "e" for the end of believe that was 5".
Next you sand and paint the blocks, leaving one side not painted where the craft paper will go. Leave them to dry on the non painted side (obviously :)). Next, once they are dry, trace your block on the chosen craft papers. Hobby Lobby has really cute paper that is usually40% off. Helpful Hint: trace the block on the back of the printed paper that way you don't have to erase lines. Once the paper is traced and cut, glue it on the block with a glue stick make sure the sides are well glued. I then sanded my edges, this is optional. My mom has a great vinyl letter machine that made the letters. The font is Font Sparkly. Then for the "believe" I used a sparkly glue, you can use sparkly modge podge. For the "give thanks" I used matte modge podge. These are super easy. I am telling you, if I can do it, anyone can.
Ashley is now in a booster seat with a back. This is her old car seat. When I made the change I almost cried. Good thing my sister Micki was there or I would have. My kids are growing up way too fast.

2 comments:
I love those pictures of Ashley - Hilarious!
Is that Matt J?? He was in my 4-5 year old primary class...well if that doesn't make me feel old!
Glad you guys had a happy halloween. Your kids look awesome! We're so excited to come out soon - only 20 more days! Love you.
"Curse you rain!!"---So funny!
Post a Comment